What is Tencel Lyocell fabric?
Le Nouveau Chef’s, Chef clothing and catering uniforms are made from the finest fabrics. A high quality option is always better, that’s why we want to highlight a remarkable fabric that stands out for its luxurious qualities. Tencel® Lyocell® is crafted from Eucalyptus wood, sourced from responsibly managed forests with official FSC certification.
What sets Tencel® apart is its unique manufacturing process, where almost 100% of the materials used are recycled. Tencel® has received the 'European award for Environment' from the European Union.
How to maintain Tencel Lyocell Fabric?
This fabric offers a range of exceptional qualities that make it perfect for chef wear and catering uniforms. It provides breathability and ensures comfort even during the busiest work days. To ensure your Tencel® garments maintain their excellence, we offer the following valuable care tips:
- Pre-Wash: We recommend that you wash all Le Nouveau Chef’s garments before wearing them for the first time to prevent any future grease stains from becoming more difficult to remove.
- Pretreat Stains: In the event of a stubborn stain, act quickly. Rinse the stain under cold water and gently rub it with a mild detergent. Avoid harsh stain removers or bleach, as these can compromise the fabric's integrity. Instead, consider using natural alternatives such as baking soda or vinegar.
- Avoid Over-washing: Tencel®/Lyocell® garments have antimicrobial and hypoallergenic properties, allowing them to stay fresh for extended periods and require less frequent washing. Take advantage of sunny days by hanging your garments outside to naturally refresh them, avoiding direct sunlight.
- Gentle Washing: Always follow the care labels, but as a general guideline, hand-washing at a low temperature is recommended to prevent shrinkage. If time is limited, you can opt for a delicate cycle in the washing machine, ensuring you check the labels beforehand. To protect your garments, place them in a mesh laundry bag to prevent any damage.
- Wrinkle-Free Maintenance: Tencel®/Lyocell® garments dry relatively wrinkle-free. If you desire a crisper look, use a warm low heat setting when ironing, and avoid using steam. High heat can damage the fabric, and steam can leave spots that won't come off until the next wash. For added safety, place a pressing cloth between the fabric and the iron, or simply hang the item while showering.
- Natural Drying: After washing, gently stretch or shake your garments before drying. If hand-washing, avoid wringing or twisting; instead, gently press out excess water. Please note that Tencel®/Lyocell® garments may shrink slightly during the first few washes before they settle into their desired shape. Hang your garments over a rail or lay them flat to prevent creasing, and avoid drying them in direct sunlight, as this can lead to discolouration and shrinkage. Avoid using a tumble dryer, as it can cause further damage.
- Proper Storage: To protect your garments from moths and mildew, ensure they are clean and dry before storing them in a cool, well-ventilated area.
The Tencel®/Lyocell® Le Nouveau Chef garments combine luxury and performance, so you can put your focus on your craftsmanship.